Lose it! Girls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A group for the young girls and women of the app lose it! Who wish to be within the 120 - 135 pound weight range.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Indulgence Foods

Go down 
+8
Cassandra
fufigirl1351
AngryBeaver
Taylor
JB
Ally
Amanda
Cemetery
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Cemetery
Admin
Cemetery

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:27 pm

Share the foods you like to indulge on every now and then.

What are your temptations?

Help others find healthy alternatives!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.loseit.com/index.jsp#Friends:Profile!id=2426%7Cname=C
Amanda

Amanda

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Japanese food is my weakness and No I'm not referring to Sushi...I like the chicken and steak and RICE with lots of white sauce. FAIL. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Cemetery
Admin
Cemetery

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:15 pm

I love sushi!

But my #1 weakness is deep fried squid. nom nom nom nom!
Back to top Go down
Amanda

Amanda

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:16 pm

I wish I liked sushi bc I know some of it is not too bad for you.
Back to top Go down
Cemetery
Admin
Cemetery

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:19 pm

yeah it actually pretty healthy, and VERY filling. It's the Tempera you have to watch out for.

I live really lose to a great sushi place, really cost effective too. $6.25 for 17 piece combo!
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:57 am

Being a Southern gal, it's hard to avoid all things fried and smothered in gravy.
Back to top Go down
Amanda

Amanda

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:59 am

I totally agree with that. I love fried foods. I try my best to stay away from them as much as possible now though. French fries and fried chicken tenders have always been my favorite meal since I was little.
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:00 am

AMoore327 wrote:
I totally agree with that. I love fried foods. I try my best to stay away from them as much as possible now though. French fries and fried chicken tenders have always been my favorite meal since I was little.

Oh yeah totally. I don't avoid them completely because it'd be downright impossible w/my family. I eat them, but just in moderation. Fortunately my husband is really good at gently remind me I don't need to eat much of them.
Back to top Go down
JB

JB

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:08 am

my indulgence would have to be fast food, i really try to stay away from it because it kills my budget lol but on weekends it's all my bf eats so i'm stuck choosing the lesser of the two evils if you know what i mean
Back to top Go down
Amanda

Amanda

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:12 am

I agree w/you about the fast food. I know it's bad for me but it really tastes so good to me. LOL. I'm really good about eating what I need to and staying within my calories during the week but as soon as Friday night gets here I ruin it by drinking alcohol and eating not so great things.
Back to top Go down
Taylor

Taylor

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:14 am

I have a big sweet tooth! I could put a bakery out of business! I've found that the new yoplait yogurts help curb this sweet tooth craving a lot! They have awesome flavors like Boston cream Pie and Berry torte..they are super yummy! An Emerald nuts makes little 100cal packs of cocoa roasted almonds..sooo good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.loseit.com/index.jsp#Friends:Profile!id=918504|name=T
JB

JB

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:27 am

Amanda wrote:
I agree w/you about the fast food. I know it's bad for me but it really tastes so good to me. LOL. I'm really good about eating what I need to and staying within my calories during the week but as soon as Friday night gets here I ruin it by drinking alcohol and eating not so great things.

lol ya i know it's awful! lol specially when your the only one out a group of twenty or so who is watching your calories and what you eat. it makes it difficult
Back to top Go down
AngryBeaver

AngryBeaver

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Pastries and beer. Not together, of course :p
Back to top Go down
fufigirl1351

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Almost everything!! It's not so much the tempting foods, but the time of day. I start to loose my will power around 7, and then after dinner, even though I may be full, I feel like I just need more food! I don't know why!! It's so hard not to eat at night for me!! Does anybody know anything that can help me with that?
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Admin
Cassandra

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:34 pm

fufigirl1351 wrote:
Almost everything!! It's not so much the tempting foods, but the time of day. I start to loose my will power around 7, and then after dinner, even though I may be full, I feel like I just need more food! I don't know why!! It's so hard not to eat at night for me!! Does anybody know anything that can help me with that?

Maybe drink more water, chew gum. Is it that you have cravings and like the sensation of chewing? <-- sorta me right there. If you just want food, you can tell yourself that you can always have it another day, another time. There will always be more so you can leave it behind for now.
Back to top Go down
fufigirl1351

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:28 am

I do try to drink more water, but I'm never ever thirsty. In tearms of chewing gum, that never helps me because it's not the chewing that I crave, it's the flavor, and the flavor of gum just doesn't do it for me. Thank's for the suggestions though!! I know I am quite stubborn. Razz
Back to top Go down
lisaraby
Admin
lisaraby

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:39 am

fufigirl1351 wrote:
I do try to drink more water, but I'm never ever thirsty. In tearms of chewing gum, that never helps me because it's not the chewing that I crave, it's the flavor, and the flavor of gum just doesn't do it for me. Thank's for the suggestions though!! I know I am quite stubborn. Razz

Maybe Willy Wonka had it right when he was working on the 6-course-meal flavour changing gum?! Except I don't want you to turn into a blueberry Razz
Back to top Go down
ammylouise

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Carbs. Mashed potato, chips, ughughugh carbs. I'm still craving them x_x

I try to stick to lighter breads, but that doesn't change the fact I want potatoes, pleeeeease.

And vodka. And cowboy shots. 2 more weeks without alcohol and I'll have reached my goal though.
Back to top Go down
ashleyw

ashleyw

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:32 am

Taylor wrote:
I have a big sweet tooth! I could put a bakery out of business! I've found that the new yoplait yogurts help curb this sweet tooth craving a lot! They have awesome flavors like Boston cream Pie and Berry torte..they are super yummy! An Emerald nuts makes little 100cal packs of cocoa roasted almonds..sooo good!

I can totally relate. I have the worst sweet tooth. And do you have any idea how many nuts are in those 100 calorie packs? I have the huge container of them, and I never know how many to pack because I don't have a scale.

My indulgence is soda or red bull. They are a huge weakness of mine, and it doesn't help that I get awful caffeine headaches when I am trying to quit them! Fast food really isn't a problem, except for the french fries. I don't eat meat so there is hardly anything that I can get at fast food joints around here. Plus, I am super cheap, so I never feel like paying for it!
Back to top Go down
jeannej

jeannej

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Oh.. it has to be Mexican Food! Our local hole in the wall Mexican joint has a chicken chimichanga smothered in Queso... It's the best thing in the world.

Even after joining lose it, I allow myself one chimichanga per week. I ALWAYS go over my calorie count that day, but I use it as my cheat meal.

It would be an epic weight loss failure if I denied myself the Chimichanga Just can't do it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Indulgence Foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indulgence Foods   Indulgence Foods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indulgence Foods
Page 1 of 1