Lose it! Girls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A group for the young girls and women of the app lose it! Who wish to be within the 120 - 135 pound weight range.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

runners or runners in training.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JB

JB

runners or runners in training. Empty
PostSubject: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 am

i am going to start running tomorrow; my goal is to be able to run a 5k (3.2 mi.) by the end of june begging of july i was wondering if anyone else was taking up running for the first time? and how you are going about it.
or
if you have any tips for me going into a training program like this.

Last edited by JB on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Natasha

Natasha

PostSubject: Re: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:39 am

Hey JB,

I started a learn to run program about a month ago. The goal is to run 5K, I think. I am up to running 4 minutes walking 1 minute (x4) at a time. Yup I've never run 1 minute at a time and now I can run 4 minutes. I use my treadmill for right now, but when I get to 10 minutes, I'm going to transition to the track at the gym. I figure that should be interesting.

My tip:: good shoes and start slowly and only increase speed or distance at a time (right now I'm working on distance)! When I started, I ended up with shin splints from crappy running shoes. I had to wait weeks for them to heal and then start over!
Back to top Go down
JB

JB

PostSubject: Re: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:53 am

wow shin splints hurt! but i give you major props for getting back out there and keeping with it Smile thank you for the tips Smile
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

PostSubject: Re: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:22 am

I'm a new runner too. I'm doing the Couch to 5K program and so far, so good!
Back to top Go down
JB

JB

PostSubject: Re: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:27 am

that's what i am doing too i am starting today lol
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

PostSubject: Re: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 am

JB wrote:
that's what i am doing too i am starting today lol

The first day was rough for me. I'm SO out of shape, though, but by the 3rd day, I had increased my speed and distance. AND I didn't want to die afterwards!!
Back to top Go down
JB

JB

PostSubject: Re: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:12 pm

wow that's great! i walked a little over 5 and a half miles yesterday so my body is not wanting to get going at all today lol ya i have a feeling that i am going to like it only because i hated running or jogging in high school. lol
Back to top Go down
Nikkivnzz

Nikkivnzz

PostSubject: Re: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Thats a great program for you to start! I finished it Feb. 12th Week 4&5 were the hardest but I found the rest to be easy as pi (Its pi day! 3.14) lol I'm a nerd sorry. Keep at it all the way through and you'll do great! It helped me lose an extra 12 pounds faster than I expected too
Back to top Go down
JB

JB

PostSubject: Re: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 pm

ya i thought that today was going to be easy because i have been trying to stay active but ya i was wrong. by the third running i was so out of breath lol im really excited for my next run Smile

nikkivnzz : congrats on your accomplishment it's great! i am really glad that it worked to get you at a better place in your weight loss journey Smile
and the joke was soooo funny Smile
Back to top Go down
Cemetery
Admin
Cemetery

PostSubject: Re: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:58 am

I need to run more *sigh*

At this rate I'll never be ready for the impending radioactive zombie apocalypse.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.loseit.com/index.jsp#Friends:Profile!id=2426%7Cname=C
Natasha

Natasha

PostSubject: Re: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:39 am

I think my goal is run faster than the slowest 10 people...I hope that gives me enough time to out run the hoard...That being said, I'll have to keep running faster to make sure that there are 10 people between me and the zombies (those slow 10 are sure to get eaten pretty fast)...ah crap I need to run more too!
Back to top Go down
JB

JB

PostSubject: Re: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:53 am

lol nice! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: runners or runners in training.    runners or runners in training. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

runners or runners in training.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lose it! Girls :: Support Each Other-
Jump to: