Lose it! Girls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A group for the young girls and women of the app lose it! Who wish to be within the 120 - 135 pound weight range.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goals that aren't strictly weight?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Natasha

Natasha

Goals that aren't strictly weight? Empty
PostSubject: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:24 am

Since I've started losing weight, I've been thinking about all of the things that I never do or never could do because of my size. I've started making a list of goals that I want to work for that aren't strictly a number on a scale or a BMI.

So far I've come up with the following:
- Go to surf school and wear a bikini doing it
- Own a motorcycle and look cute in a leather jacket that isn't the actual size of a cow
- Run outside with my friends who are runners and not die in 30 seconds

What are your goals that aren't strictly weight related?
Back to top Go down
AngryBeaver

AngryBeaver

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:47 am

-not be the fat sister or fat friend
-wear skinny jeans and not have a muffin top
-have more energy to do more outside art projects
Back to top Go down
Natasha

Natasha

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:49 pm

Those are great goals! The energy goal is great! You shoulld post some of your art projects.
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:23 am

I'd like to lose enough weight to:

• have to get my wedding rings sized.
    wear shorts

That's it for now!
Back to top Go down
Natasha

Natasha

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:10 pm

It's weird when your rings get too big. Mine all fall off now.

Wearing shorts Shocked I'm not sure I'm that brave...
Back to top Go down
JB

JB

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:11 pm

my goals for why i would like to lose weight:
1)to be able to walk around the beach in just my bikini not capri's and my bikini top
2)to jog a whole 5k ( i alreadys started training for this one Smile )
3)to make my shorts from last summer too big for me- their size 13's
4) to be comfortable in my skin i want to be happy with myself
Back to top Go down
Natasha

Natasha

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Hey JB,

I think being comfortable in your own skin is a really important goal! Because for me, it means that I am comfortable on the inside and on the outside!

Good luck on your goals!
Back to top Go down
Mrs Sassy

Mrs Sassy

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:38 pm

I would like to

~ Be able to buy a new (cute!) swimsuit.
~ Have my wedding dress be too big.
~ To just feel confident and beautiful being me!
Back to top Go down
Natasha

Natasha

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:14 pm

While I don't have a wedding dress, I did keep things around for a very long time. I always told myself that I would lose enough weight for it all to be too big. Finally about two years ago, I got rid of all of it! I figured I'd never lose the weight at that point. Now I would swim in all of it...I might have given up a little too soon.

You're gonna feel awesome when the dress is too big!
Back to top Go down
JB

JB

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Natasha wrote:
Hey JB,

I think being comfortable in your own skin is a really important goal! Because for me, it means that I am comfortable on the inside and on the outside!

Good luck on your goals!

thank you i always surprise people with that one like when they ask me how much i really want to lose because it's the truth i just wanna be happy inside and out Smile lol
Back to top Go down
Natasha

Natasha

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:43 am

I think that's a great goal for all of us to work towards...awesome on the outside AND the inside!!
Back to top Go down
JB

JB

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:37 pm

i read something today that said if you are losing weight you should try not to wear baggy clothes because it helps show yourself the little changes and helps motivate you to keep working twadrs your goal.
Back to top Go down
Natasha

Natasha

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:39 am

JB wrote:
i read something today that said if you are losing weight you should try not to wear baggy clothes because it helps show yourself the little changes and helps motivate you to keep working twadrs your goal.

Hmmm that's interesting! At my highest weight, I always wore baggier clothes. And I mean baggie (probably not a good look...meh at 281 lbs fitted clothes would have been horrible too - whatta ya do?). Since I started losing weight, I wear clothes that is fitted (well with a little jiggle room Shocked ). And I've found that it makes me feel better about myself (because I presumably look better) and keeps me motivated. WHen I wore baggie clothes, how could I tell if I gained 5, 10, or 50 lbs...

Interesting post JB - definately something to think about (and an awesome reason to shop!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goals that aren't strictly weight?   Goals that aren't strictly weight? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goals that aren't strictly weight?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lose it! Girls :: Other Topics-
Jump to: