Lose it! Girls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A group for the young girls and women of the app lose it! Who wish to be within the 120 - 135 pound weight range.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boyfriends

Go down 
+3
Ally
Cassandra
Cemetery
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cemetery
Admin
Cemetery

Boyfriends Empty
PostSubject: Boyfriends   Boyfriends Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:31 pm

What does your significant other think of your goal to lose weight and be healthy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.loseit.com/index.jsp#Friends:Profile!id=2426%7Cname=C
Cassandra
Admin
Cassandra

Boyfriends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boyfriends   Boyfriends Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Honestly, my husband thinks I obsess over it. I'm studying public health (in grad school) so I feel like I should be a good role model. I would say I'm pretty healthy overall, yeah Smile BUT I do want to look a certain way by losing the extra flab I have on my thighs. My husband is a pretty big guy himself, and it's hard to motivate him into trying to lose weight.
Back to top Go down
Ally

Ally

Boyfriends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boyfriends   Boyfriends Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:38 am

My husband is 6'3 and weighs 160 lbs. He's never had to struggle with his weight so he doesn't really GET it, but he's super supportive. He just wants me to be happy.
Back to top Go down
Taylor

Taylor

Boyfriends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boyfriends   Boyfriends Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:43 am

My Husband has been super supportive. He is not too big of a guy. 5'6'' and about 220. But he could definitely lose some weight. We started this journey together but he's not as into it as I am. Obviously he has been eating a little healthier because I cook! But I seem to be a lot more into exercising than he is.
But he is super motivating to me and helps me watch what I eat. I'll go for a cookie or something and he'll say "do you really need that?" and then i'll realize, no i don't!! Now if I can just get him motivated to exercise!
Back to top Go down
http://www.loseit.com/index.jsp#Friends:Profile!id=918504|name=T
Cemetery
Admin
Cemetery

Boyfriends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boyfriends   Boyfriends Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:12 am

Taylor wrote:
My Husband has been super supportive. He is not too big of a guy. 5'6'' and about 220. But he could definitely lose some weight. We started this journey together but he's not as into it as I am. Obviously he has been eating a little healthier because I cook! But I seem to be a lot more into exercising than he is.
But he is super motivating to me and helps me watch what I eat. I'll go for a cookie or something and he'll say "do you really need that?" and then i'll realize, no i don't!! Now if I can just get him motivated to exercise!

Best thing for that is do do things together. You need to sneak it in. Just like how my mom used to put onions in the blender so we wouldn't see them in the food. Very Happy

Try to get him to go on walks with you, just cause. To see the park or smell the flowers. Then go on hikes! Most guys like camping, suggest that too. Canoeing, biking, swimming, etc. Be active and fun and he'll soon join you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.loseit.com/index.jsp#Friends:Profile!id=2426%7Cname=C
Taylor

Taylor

Boyfriends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boyfriends   Boyfriends Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:23 am

Cemetery wrote:
Taylor wrote:

Best thing for that is do do things together. You need to sneak it in. Just like how my mom used to put onions in the blender so we wouldn't see them in the food. Very Happy

Try to get him to go on walks with you, just cause. To see the park or smell the flowers. Then go on hikes! Most guys like camping, suggest that too. Canoeing, biking, swimming, etc. Be active and fun and he'll soon join you!

Yea I think now that he is seeing that I'm losing weight/inches and getting tighter (he told me my butt looked better than usual the other day! yay!) he's getting more interested in working out. Once all this darn snow melts and the weather is nicer I plan to drag him out with myself and a couple of friends where we have already planned a couple hiking trips. He's just so stubborn! It's hard to get him out of his shell of things he knows but once he tries new things he loves them! so I will keep my fingers crossed and definitely suggest a camping trip!
Back to top Go down
http://www.loseit.com/index.jsp#Friends:Profile!id=918504|name=T
ashleyw

ashleyw

Boyfriends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boyfriends   Boyfriends Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:18 am

My boyfriend is super supportive. He's never had an issue with weight, he can eat anything he wants. It's a bummer for me, for sure. We've already planned more exercises and outdoor activities for when the weather gets better. We just got our bikes tuned up, and then we got hit with all this snow! Occasionally he helps me monitor what I am eating, but he also understands that there are some times when I really just need to eat that cookie.
Back to top Go down
JB

JB

Boyfriends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boyfriends   Boyfriends Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:20 pm

my bf is amazing he is supportive of my weight loss but isn't sure how to help me make wise decisions as far as food goes, but when it comes to working out and helping me stay motivated to keep to my lose it he is great he is always double checking with me when we make plans for dinner and stuff like that it makes it easy because every day he tells me that he is proud and that i am doing a great job which is the best I love you
Back to top Go down
jeannej

jeannej

Boyfriends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boyfriends   Boyfriends Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:28 pm

My husband is very supportive! He wants to lose weight himself and is watching portions and calories. I set him up an account on LoseIt, but I was having to do all of the logging - so that ended REAL quick! Rolling Eyes But he is still monitoring his intake much better!

I wish he would get a little more serious about excercising. He's 6'0" 220 (which isn't that bad) but he gains all of his weight in his stomach. Unfortunately, this is the number one indicator for heart disease!! affraid

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boyfriends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boyfriends   Boyfriends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boyfriends
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lose it! Girls :: Support Each Other-
Jump to: