Lose it! Girls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A group for the young girls and women of the app lose it! Who wish to be within the 120 - 135 pound weight range.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you work through it?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrs Sassy

Mrs Sassy

How do you work through it? Empty
PostSubject: How do you work through it?   How do you work through it? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:54 pm

I don't know about everyone else, but when "that time" gets here, I can't really do anything. I lay on the couch crying the first day, and have no energy and don't really even feel like eating for the next few days. How do you stick to your diet/exercise regime? Or do you? is it okay to slack off for a week?
Back to top Go down
JB

JB

PostSubject: Re: How do you work through it?   How do you work through it? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:21 pm

for me i take excredrine menstrual and it works really well because i don't really get cramps and stuff like that i just get really mean and snappy and i don't even really realize it. but for me i also find that exercising helps with what little pain i do have from cramps you just have to push your self to work through it
Back to top Go down
Cassandra
Admin
Cassandra

PostSubject: Re: How do you work through it?   How do you work through it? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Yah I try to suck it up. Sometimes I just cringe and cry a bit. I don't take meds unless I'm in super pain. Embarassed I have been feeling super bloated and fat this past weekend and I HOPE it's b/c of this time of the month. I'm sorta worried that my weight will be off too.

Mrs. Sassy - Maybe you can try a heated gel pack on your stomach to ease pain.
Back to top Go down
JB

JB

PostSubject: Re: How do you work through it?   How do you work through it? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:43 pm

you just have to remember that you know what is causing it and that it will pass Smile
Back to top Go down
Mrs Sassy

Mrs Sassy

PostSubject: Re: How do you work through it?   How do you work through it? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks JB Smile Maybe I'll try exercising some...

Cassandra wrote:
Yah I try to suck it up. Sometimes I just cringe and cry a bit. I don't take meds unless I'm in super pain. Embarassed

I'm the same way, I take a couple pamprin on the first day, but I really don't like taking meds for anything. I have never tried any sort of heating pad..thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to see if I can find those.
Back to top Go down
Natasha

Natasha

PostSubject: Re: How do you work through it?   How do you work through it? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:04 pm

I used to get cysts on my ovaries every month. That s*it was painful. It got to the point where I could hardly stand up, let alone go to work. I always found that a hot bath helped (although it might have been in my head). I now take BC for it (didn't want to do it but really had no choice). It is way better now. Now I just power through it, but sometimes I find I need a rest day at the beginning just to take a break.

Maybe a long, hot soak and some me time would help you feel better?
Back to top Go down
Mrs Sassy

Mrs Sassy

PostSubject: Re: How do you work through it?   How do you work through it? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:35 pm

Ouch! Shocked I actually have two sisters diagnosed with PCOS, so it's not completely far-fetched that I could be dealing with it too. I did try a hot bath once, and it worked for a little while, but my tub doesn't have a good plug and starts draining immediately...so baths never last very long.
Back to top Go down
Cemetery
Admin
Cemetery

PostSubject: Re: How do you work through it?   How do you work through it? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:43 am

How do I work through it?

I don't.

I don't work out, and usually don't check the scale.

Day 1 is couch day
Day 2 is half couch day
Day 3 is moody crying depressed "I dun wanna!" hopefully there is ice cream left in the freezer day

Gets better after day 3 though. It's a build up of hormones and after a good cry on day 3 to release stress chemicals through emotional tears I feel better. (that's really what happens, look it up it's interesting)
Best thing I learned how to do was allow myself to cry. I always feel better afterwards. (sappy movies work too)

Back to top Go down
http://www.loseit.com/index.jsp#Friends:Profile!id=2426%7Cname=C
Natasha

Natasha

PostSubject: Re: How do you work through it?   How do you work through it? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:36 am

Mrs Sassy wrote:
Ouch! Shocked I actually have two sisters diagnosed with PCOS, so it's not completely far-fetched that I could be dealing with it too. I did try a hot bath once, and it worked for a little while, but my tub doesn't have a good plug and starts draining immediately...so baths never last very long.

Ahh it sucks not having a hot bath. It's a tonne ( Laughing ) better since I've lost nearly a hundred lbs! Rolling Eyes I know who would have thought that would happen!! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you work through it?   How do you work through it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you work through it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lose it! Girls :: Support Each Other-
Jump to: